are you Interested in joining our Center Family?

Early Childhood Professionals Wanted

Who we are

Davidson-Cornelius Child Development Center (DCCDC) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Since 1969, we have proudly served Davidson, Cornelius, and surrounding communities by providing high-quality childcare and early education in a safe, healthy, nurturing, and inclusive environment. The original mission of the DCCDC remains true today: to provide high quality, affordable early care, and education for any child of our community and to embrace and foster diversity in a safe learning environment for young children.

Where we are

Located at Exit 30, off I-77 North in Davidson, our center is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to work at their highest level of ability. Every team member is a valuable asset.

How we are different

DCCDC is a 5-STAR center with smaller class sizes and ratios that create a family dynamic and rewarding work environment. We have an excellent team of educators in place, but we need a few more of the best and the brightest to complete our center family.

After successfully completing a 90-day probationary period, we offer the following benefits:

Competitive Wages

Our center scales our starting pay with current national averages that are adjusted for each individual's education level and experience in the field of Early Childhood.

Paid Time Off (PTO)

All employees earn PTO from day one. Those hours accrue bi-weekly and can be used for personal leave, sick time, vacations, etc...

Paid holidays:

  • Martin Luther King Day

  • Spring Break / Easter* (2 days)

  • Memorial Day

  • Juneteenth Independence Day

  • July 4th – U.S. Independence Day

  • Labor Day

  • Veteran’s Day

  • Thanksgiving Day (3 days)

  • Winter Break* (7 days)

*In observance of multiple religious holidays and the New Year, DCCDC will be closed for a spring break for two (2) calendar days and a winter break for approximately seven (7) calendar days annually (specific days determined each year).

Paid Employee Insurance

Our center currently pays 80% of the employee medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employee is responsible for the remaining 20%.

Paid Quarterly Bonuses

Our center currently provides quarterly bonuses to all employees in March, June, September, and December.

Paid Annual In-Service Trainings

Our center will pay for annual in-service training coursework and your time to complete them either in-person or virtually.

Childcare Tuition Assistance in Center

Our center offers in-house childcare tuition assistance for employee's children when space is available. Children will be placed on our waitlist with top priority if immediate placement is not available.

Paid College Tuition Reimbursement*

Our center will reimburse staff up to $750.00 per class for a maximum of three (3) classes per semester. These funds are to assist in funding tuition, books, and fees. *Employees are eligible for this after six months service.

Are you ready to make a difference?

We are always accepting applications for new staff.

If you're a dynamic teacher with a passion for early childhood education,

click on the icon below to download our application.

Please email completed applications to jason@dc-childcare.org for consideration.

 

We look forward to hearing from you!

*Please note:

It is our policy that all staff be vaccinated for COVID-19, but we are willing to accommodate religious or medical exemptions when applicable. Please contact Anna at anna@dc-childcare.org for more information.                     

Current Positions Available

Updated August 10th, 2022

Toddler 2 Teacher

  • Lead Teacher position

  • Two Years of Experience (preferred)

  • Childcare Credentials-EDU 119 (required)

  • Associate Degree (preferred)

Toddler 1 Teacher

  • Co-Teacher position

  • Two Years of Experience (preferred)

  • Childcare Credentials-EDU 119 (preferred)

 

PK-1 Teacher

  • Co-Teacher position

  • Two Years of Experience (preferred)

  • Childcare Credentials-EDU 119 (preferred)

Teacher

  • Floater position

  • Two Years of Experience (preferred)

  • Childcare Credentials-EDU 119 (preferred)

What is required before beginning work
in a childcare center in North Carolina?

Individual NCID

Medical Exam within

the last Calendar Year

Criminal Background Check

TB Test or Screening